SIGA Wigluv 20/40
Width: 2.4 inches
Now the proven SIGA-Wigluv 60 is also available with a slit and tearproof backing strip - introducing Wigluv 20/40! The new Wigluv 20/40 high-performance adhesive tape provides additional safety for your projects! With SIGA Wigluv 20/40, windows, doors, and corner penetrations can be made wind-tight in an easy and much quicker manner than before. Slit and tearproof backing strip means precise and quick application in corners. Vapor permeable at 1.7 US perms, which prevents condensation build-up. With high adhesive strength at high and low temperatures, Wigluv 20/40 is reliable and means no building damage.
The white general usage exterior tape is the perfect choice for sealing panel joints on plywood, foam boards or OSB panels without the need for a primer. See OSB application notes below. Once applied, Wigluv is UV and driving rain resistant, and can be left exposed for 12 months. Wigluv 20/40 is highly vapor permeable, reliable, and provides permenant protection for roof and facade.
OSB application issues: OSB varies from mill to mill across the US. In most cases, Wigluv 60 will bond to the smooth face of OSB without issues. Please test your application and if you have doubts about the bond after 24 hrs, please prime the joint with SIGA Dockskin primer. In our experience, no tape will stick to the rough side of OSB without the use of a primer like SIGA Dockskin. If you are planning on taping to the rough side of OSB, plan on using dockskin primer. Once primed, Any SIGA tape will adhere to the rough surface of OSB and bond well.
- High adhesive strength at both high and low temperatures - reliable, no building damage
- Diffusible sd < 2m - prevents condensation build-up
- Driving rain-proof and impermeable to water - permanent protection for roof and facade
- Hard wood-based panel materials
- Gypsum fiberboards
- Cement fiberboards
- Hard plastics
- Electric cables
- Vapour control layers/diffusion retarder sheeting for above-rafter insulation and renovation from the outside - smooth to rough PE/PA/PO/PP sheeting
- Roof underlay membrane - apart from bitumen and PVC membranes except if given individual approval
- Facade membranes